Savory Tips Korean Twist
Korean BBQ burger
1 serving 60 minutes
1. Patties - Beef, ground 500g - Pork, ground 250g - Pork fat, ground 125g - Fresh Rosemary, chopped 2g - Black pepper, ground 5g 2. Coleslaw Dressing - Mayonnaise 30g - Apple vinegar 5g - White sugar 3g - Salt & pepper 3. Coleslaw Kimchi - Jongga Kimchi 400g, thick sliced 4. Kimchi Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise 50g - Jongga Kimchi, chopped 50g 5. O’Food Korean BBQ Sauce 300g &. - Burger buns 4 pieces - Tomato, sliced 4 pieces (Optional) - Fresh lettuce 4 leaves (Optional) - Vegetable oil
- Patties - In a bowl, combine well all patty ingredients, make same size burger patties. Keep in the fridge for at least 30 mins to set. Take out the burger patties from the fridge 10 mins before cooking. Preheat grill to high heat and cook the patties for 4 mins per side for medium-well burgers.
- Korean BBQ Sauce - Pour O’Food BBQ sauce in a pan and reduce by 1/4 on low heat stirring time to time. - Glaze BBQ sauce reduction all over the patties.
- Coleslaw Dressing - Combine slaw dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add sliced Kimchi to the dressing and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Kimchi Mayonnaise - Mix mayonnaise & chopped Kimchi.
- On the grill toast the buns - Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and lightly toast the buns. No need.
- Assemble - Spread Kimchi mayonnaise on each side of bun. - Layer the bottom bun with lettuce and sliced tomato. - Stack the glazed patty on tomato, then Kimchi coleslaw on top of it. - Finish it off with a half top of the bun and hold it with a skewer.